Thursday, January 17, 2013

Blueberry Cranberry (Awesome) Sauce

Wouldn't it be great if someone invented an easy-to-make, delicious dessert, with very little added sugar, that had plenty of vitamins and antioxidants? I imagine we'd name that person leader of life, the universe and everything. Oh, they'd be decorated with medals and bring about world peace and all the ills of the world would wash away.

Well, you'd better get that crown ready for me because I did it tonight. And as soon as I finish eating my helping, I'll be prepared to humbly accept my title.

FOR THIS RECIPE YOU WILL NEED:

2 Cups Fresh Cranberries
1/2 Cup Fresh Blueberries
2 TBS Honey
Juice from 1 Fresh Lime (optional)

Pour about 4 cups of water into a pot and add the honey and lime juice to it. Bring this to a boil. Once the water is rolling, drop the berries in. Let the water come back up to a boil for 2 minutes and then set to simmer. Simmer this mixture for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain the water and pour the berries into a heat-proof bowl.

Add more lime juice unless you are my mother. Then dont add lime juice, I dont even know how you got those home from the store without going anaphylactic!

Mash it all up and enjoy! This can be enjoyed as a topping over ice-cream or with whipped cream over it but you can also eat it by itself.

Note: Don't eat it by yourself though, you need to serve it to your friends so you can see the look of amazement on their faces when they can ask you where you bought it and you casually say, "I made it from scratch."

No comments:

Post a Comment